I love baking or cooking for my loved ones.
It’s brings so much fun and convenience on the table.
That was one reason why I decided to surprise my friends on Bonfire night and baked some muffins for them.
The recipe is pretty easy, “healthy” and so tasty.
To serve 15 muffins you’ll need:
- 300g self-raising flour
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 100g Dark muscovado sugar
- 50g porridge oat + leave some for topping
- 2 medium bananas
- 280ml buttermilk (you can make it easily! Only one cup of milk and 1 tbsp of lemon juice. Leave to rest it 5 minute and homemade buttermilk is ready)
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- 160g blueberries
- Heat oven to 180C/fan 160/gas 4 and line 12-15 – hole muffin tin with paper cases.
- Use the large bowl for bicarbonate soda, flour, one tbsp of the sugar and 50g oats and mix it.
- In a separate bowl mash bananas with buttermilk, eggs, oil and add it to the large bowl with flour.
- Tip in the blueberries and make only one stir.
- A separate mix between tin muffin holes, and when they will be quite full use a little bit oats and sugar on the topping.
- Bake for 20 minutes
I love this receipt so much! It’s pretty easy and so tasty for everyone!