Well well well … Autumn is in full swing and I wanted to show you a perfect but still an easy recipe for those long Autumn’s nights (with a cup of tea).
And I’ve found it for you! It’s classic cake for all classic days.
- 3 cups whole wheat flour
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 cups maple syrup
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup of milk
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter (melted)
- fresh blueberries
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons real maple syrup
- 1 tsp of sugar
- Preheat the oven to 200C. Grease a smaller square pan or round cake tin.
- Use a large bowl for flour, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon.
- In a smaller bowl, mix together maple syrup, egg, milk and melted butter. Pour a wet mixture into the dry mixture with flour and mix it. As the last add some blueberries ( amount of blueberries is up to you, I used 2 small boxes of them because I love them).
- Pour the dough into the tin and bake for about 30 minutes.
- During the time when cake will be cooling from oven, you can prepare maple glaze. In a small saucepan melt the butter with maple syrup and sugar.
- pour the warm glaze over the cake and use a pastry brush for spreading glaze.
- And cake is ready!! Leave it for cooling in the kitchen or put it into the fridge, if you want to eat it sooner.
If you tried this recipe let me know and send me some pictures! And mainly enjoy it! :)